Press Release by, Iceberg Interactive
Haarlem, The Netherlands – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and indie developer Corbie Games are excited to announce that their train tycoon strategy game Railroad Corporation will be available via Steam’s Early Access program from May 27th. If you have ever dreamt of running a locomotive business while simultaneously exploring the beautiful, unspoilt scenery of 19th Century North America, then be sure to wishlist Railroad Corporation here and prepare for departure.
To get an exclusive first look at Railroad Corporation and to understand the unique features of the game, check out the brand-new gameplay video here and step on board for a journey into the Golden Age of Steam.
Watch the Video:
“Allowing players to play the game in Early Access ensures that we can focus on improving the game in advance of the full release later this year” says Yurij Ishchuk, CEO at Corbie Games. He adds: “Since the game is unique in that it incorporates both strategy and tycoon elements, as well as a multiplayer mode, we want to make sure that we listen to the community’s feedback in order to develop the best possible version of the game for the full release”.
The gameplay video features:
- A wide selection of trains: Choose from a variety of different and historically-accurate locomotives, depending on their maximum pulling mass, speed and mileage, along with their respective upkeep cost.
- Geographical impact: Get an idea on how soil type, elevation and geographical features such as rivers can impact your railroad construction.
- Realistic Missions: Explore the extensive and historically accurate 19th century missions.
- Diverse Companies: Begin working for a company on your journey towards running your own corporation.
- Fierce Competition: Learn how the stock market influences the value of your and your competitor’s companies.
- Multiplayer mode: Compete against other players in the quest towards building the most successful railroad corporation.
ABOUT RAILROAD CORPORATION
Begin your career as an ambitious employee of a 19th century railroad company, in the Golden Age of Steam. Manage the business by obeying the directions of your bosses. Build railroads, tunnels and bridges to towns and cities old and new, and decide how to use the railroad to the best advantage of the company. Marvel at the stunningly beautiful scenery that you must blast, dig and tunnel through – nothing must stop the railroad! If you excel, you will get the chance to set up your own railroad corporation, build up the local economy and earn your fortune in the New World. In order to be the very best, you must involve yourself in every aspect of your railroad empire: making new investment decisions, lobbying politicians, managing the global resources of your business empire, and constantly looking over your shoulder at the competition.
- Build and manage your very own 19th Century Railroad Corporation, using track, tunnels, bridges and rolling stock
- Historically accurate locomotives and rolling stock to choose from – research and upgrade stock as you become more successful
- Blast, dig and tunnel through a beautiful landscape, from town-to-town
- Exert your influence on towns and cities, buy real-estate and run a vast business empire
- Engage in political lobbying, play the stock market and defend your huge business empire against your enemies
- Compete with a friend in the online multiplayer beta
Stay up-to-date with the latest Railroad Corporationnews and information:
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Located in Haarlem, The Netherlands and staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an assembly of game developers around the world, both midsize and indie.
Known for many hit franchises including Starpoint Gemini, Killing Floor and Stardrive; the company has enjoyed recent success with titles such as Starpoint Gemini Warlords (PC), Oriental Empires (PC) and Circle Empires (PC). Iceberg Interactive has many more exciting games coming soon, including Antigraviator (PS4/XBO), The Sojourn (PC/PS4/XBO), Headsnatchers (PC/PS4), Gas Guzzlers Extreme (PS4), Pax Nova (PC) and Railroad Corporation (PC).
To learn more, please visitwww.iceberg-games.com.